FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
Materials & Care
- 1What is plywood and what must be considered for a plywood Spiral Planter?
Information about the Plywood Spiral Planter you can find here
- 2What is stainless steel and what must be considered for a stainless steel Spiral Planter?
Information about the stainless steel Spiral Planter you can find here
- 3What is structural steel and what must be considered for a structural steel Spiral Planter?
Information about the structural steel Spiral Planter you can find here
- 4What is corten steel and what must be considered for a corten steel Spiral Planter?
Information about the corten steel Spiral Planter you can find here
- 5Constructual- & Corten steel: How does the rust process work?
There are two ways to create the rust layer:
1. Use a rust accelerator (recommended)
You may be able to find specialised fast rusting solutions in specialised shops. However we have seen very good results using a diluted salt solution (mixture of 50 Salt to one liter water). After assembling the Spiral Planter without soil, then cleaning the oil layer with washing up liquid and water, spray this salt solution onto the Spiral Planter daily. The rust layer should form after 7-10 days*. The Spiral Planter can be filled with soil and sowed after the completion of the treatment.
2. Without using a rust accelerator
In the second method time and natural weathering cause the rusting process. The individual parts of the Spiral Planter are cleaned with washing up liquid and water to remove the oily top layer, then assembled, and filled with soil and planted. Without further treatment, the rust layer will form within 8-12 months* through the weather-related changes in humidity.
*= The duration, colour and speed of the rusting process will depend on the weather conditions and the location of the Spiral Planter.
- 1How can I buy a Spiral Planter?
You can buy our Spiral Planters in selected garden centres. Buying through our partners allows you the opportunity to have a look at the Spiral Planter yourself! Put your postcode into the Contact Form and we can let you know of the closest garden centre to you
Delivery & Shipping
- 1DE: How does the shipping work? What costs are associated with the purchase?
You can find information about shipping within Germany here
- 2EU: How does the shipping work? What costs are associated with the purchase?
You can find information about shipping within European Union here
- 3Non-EU: How does the shipping work? What costs are associated with the purchase?
You can find information about shipping outside European Union here
- 1Does the Spiral Planter come in other sizes?
We are currently working on being able to offer the Spiral Planters in other sizes and in different materials.
The Mini Spiral Planter will be completed by the end of 2019. If you are interested, please contact us!
- 2What do I need to know about the construction of the Spiral Planter?
Each Spiral Planter comes with a detailed instruction manual, with which the construction can be easily accomplished.
- The floor on which the Spiral Planter should stand should be flat and solid, so that the Spiral Planter doesn’t sink.
- Structural and corten steel rusts, which can leave stains on natural stones and terrace tiles.
- For optimal plant growth, position the Spiral Planter in a free standing position, so that it can be exposed to light at all sides.
- 3How do I plant in the Spiral Planter?
- Generally speaking, it is drier in the upper levels than on the lower levels. Accordingly, plant Mediterranean plants on top and moisture loving plants below.
- A plant with lots of green leaves should be planted either on a flat level, or in the lower level beds, so that it doesn’t take light away from other plants.
- Pay close attention to the sun and shade and plant accordingly! For example lettuce needs lots of light, while cabbage gets by with a little less.
- In order to make use of the small corners, consider sowing either flowers or herbs, or planting leeks or sedum (stonecrop).
- 4Is there an irrigation system for the Spiral Planter
An irrigation system for the Spiral Planter is in the pipeline, but not available just yet. If you’re interested, get in touch to find out more. We will let you know, as soon as new products become available.
Top tip! Alternatively you can irrigate your plants automatically with a droplet hose on a timer.
- 5I am a trader and would like to use the Spiral Planter as part of a portfolio! Is that possible?
We are always on the look out for new partners, especially those with sales and exhibition spaces. Get in touch!